Tuesday, March 12, 2013

MakeCert Error: Too many parameters

Sometime, while copy pasting the command in command prompt the minus sign "-" will be understand differently, so try changing the '-' characters to the correct one. Its will work.


Error: CryptCertStrToNameW failed => 0x80092023 (-2146885597)

You get this error, when the CN contains characters not conform to X500. In your example you use a name such as "CN=norcron-develop". Here the "-" causes the problem. The same also goes for ".", "," and ";" 


Error: WriteFile failed => 0x5 (5)

Open the command prompt as admin

8 comments:

  1. This is what I was looking for. Thanks. It solved my pbm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was very helpful. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am impressed by the information that you have on this blog. It shows how well you understand this subject. are there 52 weeks in a year

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently came across your article and have been reading along. I want to express my admiration of your writing skill and ability to make readers read from the beginning to the end. I would like to read newer posts and to share my thoughts with you. meaning of special audit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Lately I was so busy. I'll resume my blog again.

      Delete
  5. I truly like you're composing style, incredible data, thankyou for posting. obsf meaning

    ReplyDelete

Please include your thoughts/suggestion to make it as a better blog. If you find it useful, Please update with your valuable comments, so that others can use it.